For the most complete on-line calendar of Classical events in the UK visit
the ARLT Calendar.
Classical events of interest to teachers and pupils take place in Britain
all the time. Examples are:
Lectures for pupils and teachers
- Contact your nearest university Classics department. They may run Sixth Form study days in the universities. They will probably be eager to send a lecturer to
your school to speak on the subject of your choice if you pay expenses.
- Contact JACT, the Joint Association of Classics Teachers. Local branches like LACT, the London Association, and BACT, the Bristol Association, run useful events.
- I have put a list of 2005 local Classical Association events
Contact the Classical Association here.
- Sovereign Education Ltd, Broadclough Hall, Burnley Rd, Bacup, Lancs OL13 8PA,
Tel: (01706) 878973. Fax: (01706) 876634, run days of lectures as a commercial enterprise.
- JACT runs a Latin Summer School, a Greek Summer
School, and a Classical Civilisation Summer School for pupils, as well as
INSET days for teachers.
- ARLT, the Association for Latin Teaching,
runs an INSET day in March and a Summer School for teachers.
Classical Association Annual
Meeting is a residential occasion lasting around three days.
Details of Summer Schools for pupils are listed by the
Joint Association of Classics Teachers
and for teachers
Other productions are
advertised to JACT members
in the association's publications. It is well worth while for any Classics
teacher to join this organisation.
Some events are advertised on the ARLT website,
along with other classical news.